Sometimes you need to download a story, highlight, or Instagram IG. Factors that make you want to do this may be your interest in the film or photo. Or, in the process of social media management, you want to use the video or picture you saw.
Today it seems every social media or messaging app under Facebook’s umbrella has a Snapchat-inspired story feature. Insta-stories were introduced in August 2016, and ever since, it has become one of the most popular features on Instagram.
What if you want a post to last longer than 24 hours? What if it’s a funny video or meme you feel you need to add to your collection and share later? There are various reasons (beyond creepy stalking) to want to download Instagram Stories via Instagram story downloader, websites, and …
Table of Contents
Use IG Downloader
Nowadays, it is an issue of concern to many people because we all know that Instagram stories have a short life, and you have no possibilities to download them when viewing them simply on Instagram. So, that is the reason for Instagram Downloader Story creating. Put it simply, Instagram Story Downloader is an instrument with the help of that you can save Instagram stories on your device.
Use a Download Website to Download Instagram Stories
For downloading Instagram stories, it’s better to check out download websites, before moving on to third-party apps like an Instagram story downloader app. This method is quite simple and doesn’t require an Instagram sign-in, but that could mean you won’t be able to download Stories if, for example, it’s a private account.
If you want to make sure your Instagram stories are saved in a web-based app, and reachable anytime, we suggest you try EmbedStories.
It is a professional tool for Instagram stories that can automatically download and save your Instagram stories.
Here are the benefits that EmbedStories provide:
- Save all elements of the Instagram story, such as photos and videos
- Create a gallery from multiple Instagram photo stories
- Embed and display your Instagram stories on any website
- Create different web widgets and story sliders that have a specific embeddable code and can be showcased on different websites
- Archive and save IG stories from multiple Instagram accounts that you manage
And here is a step-by-step tutorial on how to use EmbedStories as your Instagram Story downloader and archive all your Instagram stories in a web-based app:
- Log in to EmbedStories or create an account
- Connect your Facebook account
- Allow the system to get your Instagram accounts
- Click ‘Select source‘ next to the account from where you want the system to fetch the Instagram stories
Once you finish the steps, the active story from the selected Instagram account will show in the ‘My stories‘ section.
Archive stories in your Instagram app
This is a great option provided as a setting in your Instagram app.
It allows you to activate an Archive option that will automatically save all stories you publish on Instagram without needing the help of an Instagram story downloader app.
- Open your Instagram account and click on the ‘Settings icon’
- Click on ‘Story Settings‘
- In the ‘Saving‘ section activate the options ‘Save to Archive‘ (Android) or ‘Save to Camera Roll‘ (iOS)
That’s it. Now every time you post an Instagram story it will be saved in the Archive section, from where you can easily download stories into your phone library.
Save stories in ‘Highlights’
This is a recent upgrade of the Instagram stories, and it allows users to create Highlight sections on their Instagram profile from the stories after they’ve disappeared (basically like a story saver).
The sections can be viewed by other people and work similarly to Pinterest boards.
The idea behind Instagram Stories Highlights is that you can create themed highlights where you can save and publicly store stories or posts that you think are worth the attention.
The benefits of having highlights for businesses are the following:
- Easy access to categorized posts and stories
- Highlight specific products or collections
- Highlight customer testimonials
- Add Highlight with the FAQ section about your business
And lots of more applications that you can try and use on your Instagram profile.
Here is how to save an Instagram story in Highlights:
Open the active story or go to your Archive and click on the saved stories
Click on the Highlight icon at the bottom of the story screen
Choose a Highlight category or just ‘Add new‘
Now your story will appear in the Highlight right below your details in your Instagram profile page.
You can also create a Highlight of the archived stories without an Instagram story downloader, by simply following these steps:
- Go to your profile and tap the + icon in Stories Highlights below your profile details
- Tap to select the story or stories you want to add to highlights, then tap Next
- Choose a cover photo and enter a story name for your highlight, then tap Add
You can add more photos or videos to your highlight at any time by tapping Edit Highlight.
How to save an entire Highlight in one video
This is one of the most required options that are already available in the native Instagram app but you can also use an Instagram story downloader to do it.
To save the entire Highlight with a single click, follow the steps below:
- Go to your profile and click on a Highlight
- Click on the people photos in the bottom left corner or just swipe up
- Click on the top bar download icon (as shown below)
The entire Highlight will be converted into one video and saved in your phone Camera Roll.
How to download Instagram stories videos
There are few Instagram story downloader tools, and in this post, we will show you how to download Instagram videos with StorySaver.
It is one of the easiest ways to download Instagram videos on your smartphone and PC via a browser and reuse them as Instagram stories and Instagram Highlights.
Download Instagram videos on iPhone
- Open Safari and go to StorySaver to download Instagram videos.
- Go to Instagram and choose a public video and tap on the “three dots” in the top right corner to copy the video URL
- Go back to Safari to Storysaver.net and enter the Instagram video URL in the search box and hit Download
- Scroll down to see the video and hit “Save as video”
- Safari will ask if you want to download the video and press “Download”
- On your iPhone go to “Files> Downloads” and click on the video
- Tap on the bottom left corner icon and choose “Save Video,” and the video will appear in your “Photos” app.
Now, here are some other interesting things about Instagram that you definitely need to know!
How to watch Instagram stories without letting others know?
There are a couple of methods through which you can view somebody else’s Instagram story without letting them know.
- This method involves using the Airplane mode on your phone. You have to be connected to the internet and log into Instagram. Let the stories load but don’t view them yet. Once the page has loaded, switch to Airplane mode on your Android or iOS device. Go back to Instagram, and check the stories. The stories will be pre-loaded up to a certain extent, and you can view them without it counting as an Instagram story view.
- The second method is available for those who are browsing Instagram through their PC. You will need the Google Chrome browser for this method. Download the ‘Chrome IG Story’ extension for Chrome through the Chrome Web Store. Once it is downloaded, make sure that the extension is installed and active. After this, you can go to Instagram’s web page and log in with your credentials. Once you’re logged in, you can view people’s Instagram stories without them knowing – it will not count as a story view at their end, thanks to the ‘Chrome IG Story’ extension.
What does ‘Close Friends; mean on Instagram?
Instagram Stories tend to be viewed by many people, especially if the account originating the stories isn’t kept private. In such situations, there are chances of your private information leaking to the general public. Instagram has thus created the Close Friends feature, which allows only a particular subsection of followers and viewers on your Instagram account to view your story. If a person is not added to the creator’s Close Friends list, they will not be able to watch the stories uploaded through the Close Friends option. Essentially, this is a feature provided by Instagram to create a more private space in a very social media platform.
How do you see who viewed your Instagram highlights after 24 hours?
Instagram allows the user to check the views on their story for 48 hours after the Story has been uploaded. Even though the Story will disappear after 24 hours, you can check who viewed your story for the next 24 hours as well. Here’s how:
- Open Instagram and log into your account.
- Tap onto the profile picture in the bottom right of the screen.
- You will find three horizontal lines at the top right. Tap on it.
- Go to the ‘Archive’ option, and navigate to the story you want to check the viewer analytics and information on.
- Once the story opens, swipe up on the screen, and a list of your viewers for that particular story will be shown.
Click here to read the latest marketing information.
Related articles in Instagram